PRIVACY ACT 1988 (CTH) - NOTICE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To enable us to perform the functions and activities normally performed by us (“Business”) (such as (without limitation) selling, buying, renting, servicing, wholesaling, financing, consigning or otherwise dealing with vehicles and associated parts) we may need to, or may have already collected, Personal Information and Sensitive Information from you, or from third parties, as required and/or authorised under the Act or by law.
- The purpose of collecting Personal Information and Sensitive Information is to perform the functions and activities necessary to conduct our Business (“Primary Purpose”), including but not limited to:
- Assisting you to buy, sell, rent, finance, service, repair or otherwise deal with a vehicle, part or other product or service that is part of our Business;
- Coordinating and performing repairs or maintenance, including implementing a reminder system;
- Recording or accessing information in order to buy, sell, rent, finance, service or otherwise deal with a vehicle, part or other product that is part of our Business;
- Recording or accessing information in relation to a vehicle or parts;
- Client and business relationship management;
- Legal and Insurance purposes;
- Warranty purposes (including disclosing information to the distributor of the manufacturer of a vehicle); and
- Marketing of products and services to you.
- Our related entities
- Distributors, manufacturers, service providers;
- Your legal advisor(s) and the legal advisor(s) representing the other party(s) involved in your transaction;
- Your employer, financial institution and/or financial advisor;
- Insurance providers and brokers;
- The Government;
- Persons or organisations involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service, including independent contractors and employees engaged by us;
- Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems;
- Persons or organisations involved in purchasing part or all of our business;
- Organisations involved in the payments systems including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations;
- Personal Information and Sensitive Information collected about you may be used by us, and disclosed to third parties, (including to those entities mentioned at 6 above) as necessary for us to perform the functions and activities relevant to the Primary Purpose.
- If you fail to comply with any of your obligations to us then Personal Information and Sensitive Information collected by us may be disclosed to an interested party or otherwise as required or authorised by law.
Opting Out. We always provide individuals with an opportunity to "opt-out" of receiving direct marketing communications from us. If you have received a direct marketing communication from us and don't wish to receive these communications from us in the future, just use the "contact us" form on our website or email the Privacy Officer using the details set out below and we will take appropriate steps to ensure your details are added to our 'Do Not Mail' list. This will ensure you will not receive any future direct marketing communication from us. Please note that your details will be retained in the event that we may need to contact you in relation to such matters as vehicle safety, recalls, warranty and for requirements specified by law.